No Need For The Sunday Paper



Hello readers! Have I told you how thankful I am for you? I truly enjoy connecting with you and sharing with you only the "good stuff". How have you enjoyed the Thanksgiving weekend? I am spent from all the festivities. I braved the big bad world of "Black Friday" this year and scored some major savings! Each year I wonder why I get up so early. And each year I walk away so glad I made the sacrifice of sleep for savings. I am well rested today and ready to share some links with you!

My Little Gems: Sharla share an excellent tutorial on how to make burlap printed ornaments. A little bit country and a whole lot of cute (photo credit above: My Little Gems)

Chica and Jo: So many of you commented how you enjoyed the Thanksgiving Clothespin Wreath from Chica and Jo that I featured last week. Well, they have done it again with a  Clothespin Christmas Advent Calendar. I am thinking another trip to the dollar stor is in order for some clothespins.

Craftster: User Jessfun23, showcases her incredibly creative Scrabble tile coasters that just blow my mind and would make the perfect DIY gift for the holidays.

My Parents Were Awesome: Nostalgic photos of parents from all over the world, before they you know, had kids.

The Activity Mom: This simple kids activity-based Advent Calendar is wonderful. Plus, Nicole shares links to all the activities she will be doing as well as a free card template download! Seriously, she has done all the work for you. What are you waiting for? Go check it out!

Thrifty Decor Chick: I heart her and she hearts Christmas Mantels They are so inspiring...


*************************

Scripture Sunday

In honor of Advent...

Isaiah 11:1-10
The Branch From Jesse
 1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
       from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
 2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him—
       the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
       the Spirit of counsel and of power,
       the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD -
 3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD.
       He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
       or decide by what he hears with his ears;
 4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
       with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
       He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
       with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.
 5 Righteousness will be his belt
       and faithfulness the sash around his waist.
 6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
       the leopard will lie down with the goat,
       the calf and the lion and the yearling [a] together;
       and a little child will lead them.
 7 The cow will feed with the bear,
       their young will lie down together,
       and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
 8 The infant will play near the hole of the cobra,
       and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest.
 9 They will neither harm nor destroy
       on all my holy mountain,
       for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD
       as the waters cover the sea.
 10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his place of rest will be glorious.

Post a Comment