Homemade Donuts

Delectable and delicious. I got Muffin Tin Girl a Babycakes Mini Doughnut Makerfor Christmas. This week we have made over 4 dozen mini donuts in varying flavors, frostings and sizes. Seriously, someone need to stop us. I really hope there are donuts in heaven because they are so good!


This little baby makes 6 "donette" style mini donuts at a time and comes with the maker, mini cooling rack, sugar shaker, and a fork tool to remove the donuts. The included recipes make enough for 18-24 donuts.


 The included manual has a few recipes to get you started and they taste great! The recipes are essentially "from scratch" and you can make substitutions for gluten free and more. One of the best things about the maker is that the donuts are baked and not fried. So, if I am going to splurge on a treat like this for the kids, that's a bonus.

Muffin Tin Girl and I mixed everything together, but when it came time to pipe the dough in the maker, it was just too hot. So, I did that part. I guess you could say that's one of the only draw backs.


We made the sour cream donuts from the recipe in the accompanying booklet, covered them in a citrus glaze and sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar.

Citrus Glaze:
Mix powdered sugar and just a bit of Orange Juice together until you get the desired consistency of a glaze (Like the glaze on a cinnamon roll) 
Roll the sour cream donuts in the glaze while still war and allow to set for 2 minutes.


These are the chocolate donuts witht he top half dipped in melted bakers chocolate and covered in sprinkles.

Tip: Babycakes recommends using a plastic bag to "pipe" the mix into the maker. In my humble opinion this is an eassential step.
Tip: They aren't going to taste like traditional donuts because they aren't fried, but MAN are they good


Disclosure: This post is not compensated. I did not recieve a free product. I just reeeeally love it and had to share the mass amounts of amzing donut's I am making!

.

Post a Comment