GMC Trade Secrets




Being a blogger has it's blessings. I have been able to partner with some pretty wonderful people, brands, and organizations. GMC is one of those great partnerships. Back in August I participated in a wonderful farm-to-table project where we donated supplies to local school to start their own gardens. Last night I had the privilege of chatting with Carter Oosterhouse and Eric Stromer of HGTV fame.

Carter, Eric, and Sam Tablot have partnered with GMC to bring you GMC Trade Secrets; a website dedicated to showcasing simple DIY and how to videos on cooking, home decor, and home improvement. I have really enjoyed browsing through the videos. Being an advocate for the farmer's market, I loved this video from Sam on tips for shopping at outdoor farmer's markets.



And Carter shared with me that half the videos were filmed at his Traverse City, Michigan home a week before his wedding! Carter also shared with me about his non-profit organization Carter's Kids. They build playgrounds across the country for communities in need.

Here's a great video from Carter on making your own mason jar citronella candles. I never knew how easy it is!



GMC generously allowed me to test drive the 2011 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid while travelling to Los Angeles. .  It was so nice to get chance to test drive the car in an everyday setting. Before travelling to L.A. I took the car on a few errands. While learning to maneuver the largeness of the Yukon was a challenge, the ride was incredible. I could barely tell it was on! The in-dash navigation system and hands free calling Bluetooth technology in the steering wheel made my hour plus drive to Los Angeles a breeze!

If you've long thought of GMC as a truck company, I challenge you to take a test drive and see for yourself how GMC is making their trucks, SUV's and crossovers for all lifestyles, not just truck lovers.

*Disclosure: I was given a car to test-drive for 24 hours, dinner and a hotel stay for 1 night. I was not expected to write a blog post and was not paid to share about GMC. My opinions are my own. I genuinely enjoy GMC cars.

Post a Comment