Cupcake Liner Paper Dolls

This weekend, I made little paper dolls from cupcake liners. You know how I love cupcake liner crafts. Because sometimes I am just a little girl at heart, I made up little back stories for each of them. This one likes strawberries and likes to help mom in the kitchen, that one likes pancakes and plays make believe.

Meet the Muffin Cup Cuties:
Zoe, Joy, Kayla, Kya, Monica and Paige, Abby and Cindy

paper cupcake liner doll 03paper cupcake liner doll  04paper cupcake liner dollpaper cupcake liner doll 02paper cupcake liner doll 05cupcake liner paper doll 06

I made the rainbow cupcake liner paper dolls out of Martha Stewart cupcake liner treat wrappers and heavy weight cardtock. Muffin Tin Girl named a few, I named a few.

How to:

  • Fold the cupcake liner in half and in half again until it forms a triangle for the dress, making sure to leave it as untouched and poofed out as possible (the more you touch it, the more it will wrinkle).
  • Using a circle punch, or circle cutter, cut out a small circle for the head.
  • Draw on some eyes and a mouth.
  • Cut a circle for the hair the same size as the head. Cut it in half. Trim and play around with it to make a hairstyle. use your imagination.
  • Using adhesive, glue the hair to the head.
  • Freehand scissor cut some arms, angling the ends.
  • Glue the arms to the cupcake liner dress, inserting them into the folds of the liner (I cut a slit in one side).
  • Glue the head to the very tippy top of the liner (as shown). I used a liquid quick dry adhesive.
  • Add embellishments as desired.
  • They should stand up on their own. If they don’t, add a dab of glue to a small square of cardsock and set her on top.

It was hard to choose a favorite, I love them all. But Joy holds a special place in my heart. Cancer may be ugly, but bald is beautiful.

Post a Comment