Holiday Baking and Giving With Smart and Final



Baking during the Holidays is one of my favorite ways to celebrate the season! I make sure to surprise my neighbors, friends and family with a few sweet treats. I was so pleased to find out that Smart & Final has an ample supply of Holiday baking goods in variety of sizes that meet every budget and every family size. Long thought of as the "smaller, faster, warehouse store" Smart & Final offers up traditional grocery store sizes along with their bulk offerings.

Another wonderful thing Smart & Final is doing this year is giving me the chance to give back to my community. I was able to choose someone whom I could bless (along with some sweet treats) with a few items to get their own holiday baking going. I made Peppermint Bark, Sugar, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cookies (from one of their awesome mixes of course-why mess with a good thing) as well as candy covered Oreos for the residents of Michaelle House. Michaelle House is a non-profit AIDS care home that's mission is to:
"provide warm and caring homes where men and women disabled by HIV / AIDS can receive comprehensive care and supportive services in order to rebuild their health and return to independent living, or where they can spend their last days in comfort and dignity."

Due to privacy issues, I am not able to share with you photos from Michaelle House.

Here is my peppermint bark in progress...





I add both brown and white chocolate for added interest
you'll need:
1 regular or bulk pkg. semi-sweet choco chips
1-2 pkg. white chocolate/almond bark
2-3 cups crushed peppermint candies
Use the extra whole candy pieces to make these awesome peppermint lollies


ready to go!


The kids helped out with the candy covered oreos:

From Smart & Final you'll need:
1 pkg oreos
1 pkg white chocolate bark


Happy Baking and Making!

This blog post is advertisement and promotion for Smart and Final. All opinions are still my own and do not reflect that of Smart & Final. A very special thank you to Smart & Final for gifting me with a $50 gift card to get everything I needed for less and to make the season a little brighter for those in need! Thank you S & F!

Post a Comment