Tomorrow (Friday) morning I will be sharing inexpensive homemade gift projects kids can make on San Diego Living, a local morning show. I will be appearing on behalf of a wonderful local site, San Diego Bargain Mama, for which I write for on occasion. Below are a collection of projects I will be sharing, some of them you may recognize from earlier this week.
You can help your child create a unique handmade gift this holiday season and save money at the same time. With just a few tips and ideas, kids can be a part of the gift giving process from start to finish! Whatever Holiday you celebrate, these simple homemade gift projects
Scroll through the videos for my segment "Holiday Gifts for Kids"
- Michael's 40% off coupon (available through the local paper or free via their email newsletter) is a great way to buy craft supplies for less!
- Look for items around the house to use: old glasses, Popsicle sticks, empty yogurt cups, etc.
- Always be prepared with the items you will need before getting kids involved. This includes having an acid free pen to write your child's name on the project and covering your work surface to prevent damage.
- Items to consider having on hand: decoupage glue, school glue, pencil, cookie cutters, craft paint, foam paint brushes, ribbon
- Work in stages when working with small children. Breaking the process down into separate steps over the day will help them not become overwhelmed.