Allow children to be a part of every aspect of the holiday gift giving. Parents can help them decorate a gift card holder or make it into a homemade Christmas card for grandparents, family, teachers and neighbors. These ideas work grea for preschool and early elementary age kids, but can be altered to fit any age child.
To make a 4x5 gift card holder:
- Cut a piece of 12x12 cardstock down to 5x12 inces.
- Then "Score" the paper every 4 inches to make a "tri-fold" card Cut off one side, set aside.
- Now you should have a small 4x5 card.
- Take the set aside piece and cut it half to make a 2/12x 4 inch piece.
- Glue it to the inside of the card to make a "pocket for the gift card or money.
- Adhere child's artwork to the outside from of the card using adhesive.
*Using an acid free pen, be sure to add the date and the name of your child for keepsake purposes. :)