HP C6380 vs. Kodak ESP 7 (Part 4)

I missed posting last week due to the Thanksgiving holiday, so this week, I will present two posts on the HP Virtual Focus Group.

This week I want to showcase the scanning and copying  features of the HP C6380 and the Kodak ESP7. I have had the opportunity to use the scanner several times over the last 5 weeks. Our family mostly scans signed documents, old family photos and children's artwork.

Below is an adorable photo of my late mother when she was 2 years old. The first one is scanned using the HP c6380


The second photo was scanned using the Kodak ESP7



Clearly, there is a difference here folks. In the first photo, you can even see the tear marks as if it were the original. I chose this photo so you could see the clarity and detail each scanner does or does not pick up.

Later, when I copied my daughter's artwork, it was the Kodak that won out on clarity. The top right is the original. Below it, the HP copy and left of the original is the Kodak. The coloring is slightly off on the kodak, but the photo makes it difficult to see.



Also of note is the user interface for the scanning process....the Kodak does not allow for direct scanning to your computer. You must first scan it to a memory card and then download that to the computer. The HP scans directly to the computer. I found that to be a tedious step and if I had the choice, I would choose to scan via the HP.

**UPDATE** - I was contacted by Susan of Kodak (@KodakPrinters on Twitter) and she kindly talked to me about the Kodak, and I realized that the printer was offline when I tried to scan to the computer. Silly me, it was my fault. I should have investigated a little further.

I was able to later scan another photo directly to the computer and it was a very easy process....Thanks to Susan and Kodak for making the effort to reach out a fix this.

Post a Comment