Birthday Gift Idea – Create A Kid’s Art Box

create a crayola kids art box (2)

 

We love art around here. And when the kids and I went shopping for their cousin’s birthday yesterday, we had art on the brain!  So I decided to make up an art box and the kids loved the idea. I chose a low flat box for a couple reasons. 1) It was wide enough to accommodate a large 9x12 pad of drawing paper and 2) It would store easier and you wouldn’t have to dig through the box as much to find your supplies.

 

Here’s what we included:

  • Set of washable markers
  • 48 ct pack of crayons
  • Twistable Colored pencils (my kids new fave coloring tool)
  • No Drip Paint Brushes – my kids also love these-so much so that I have to be careful they don’t blow through and entire ream of paper)
  • Window Markers – for when you want to take your art vertical
  • Large Pad of Paper
  • *Bonus: Light sticks for 4th of July and bedtime impromptu night lights

create a kids art box

 

The box was purchased at Walmart and I love it because the side latch closed. And it is easy for kids to carry.

 

Total cost was around $26. Remove the light sticks and it was $23. Remove one of the coloring packs and it was $20. Not bad.

 

I did not plan for all the supplies to be Crayola brand! The kids picked the twistables colored pencils and we went from there. :)

Post a Comment