The Business of Blogging

Me: Summer 2008

It was the summer of 2008. I was searching online for something. I can't remember exactly what it was. Maybe it was a recipe, or craft activity. I can't remember. I had 2 small children, I could barely remember my own name! Whatever it was, it led me to a kids craft blog that I absolutely adored. Kiddio.org. I remember thinking to myself: I could do what she's doing. I could start blog. I could turn my passion for kids and creativity and writing into something online. So I began scouring blogs. Any blog about moms, parenting, crafts, kids and food.

Then I happened upon an interview by Janice and Susan of 5 Minutes For Mom of Michelle of Scribbit. That one interviewsealed the deal for me. Michelle's perspective gave me wings. So, I decided spread my wings and see if I could fly. Since that summer almost 3 years ago to to the day, I cultivated a career for myself and have been able to stay home with my kids. I get to help families make mealtime fun! My journey to being Muffin Tin Mom has been filled with a lot of hard work, but it has been so worth it.

To add to my fulfillment I am a part of a great group of local women who all support each other on their blogging journey. I count myself fortunate to be among them. Collectively, we support each other and local businesses along the way. My favorite little cupcake shop is a local business that I have been able to support though not only my patronage, but also through social media avenues like Facebook and Twitter. And our local farmer's market? That's like local business heaven!

So now, Intuit is helping small businessesachieve their dreams by awarding $25,000 each month to a local business! $25,000!


So I’m curious to know: What dream business would you love to start? A Blog? Cupcake shop? I want to know! By replying you will be entered to win an iPad 2!  (Yep, you read that right.)

*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Intuit’s Love A Local Businesscompetition. The opinions and text are all mine. Contest runs August 10 to September 1, 2011. A random winner will be announced by September 6, 2011. Official Contest Rules

Post a Comment