The Easiest Slow Cooker Chicken Ever


I am not a gourmet cook by any means. Really, a recipe needs to easy peasy for me not only love it, but make it. That doesn't mean I need to sacrifice on taste. This slow cooker (aka crock pot) chicken recipe is perfect for family gatherings or even the everyday family meal. And depending on your family size, you might even have yummy left overs! Recently, I shared this recipe with my friend Sugar and she let me know that it is excellent with lemon pepper!

Slow Cooker Chicken

Serves 4-6

Ingredients:

(The Essentials)
  • 1 whole chicken (they come usually 4-6 lbs.)
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth (water works fine if you don't have chicken broth)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup melted butter
(The Variables)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Seasonings (like garlic salt, lipton onion soup mix, lemon pepper seasoning, oregano, or rosemary)
Directions:
  • Wash your chicken, and remove the innards (blech!) Make sure you always use safe food handling practices
  • Add the 1/2 cup chicken broth to the bottom of slow cooker
  • Turn the slow cooker on low
  • Place the chicken in the crockpot
  • Baste with melted butter (Olive oil also works nice)
  • Add desired seasonings to taste. I cover the chicken with salt and pepper, seasoned salt, garlic salt, and sometimes I will quarter a lemon and stuff the inside of the chicken with the pieces. But, it's really all about preference. And as I said earlier, Sugar says lemon pepper seasoning rocks.
Cover and allow to cook in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hrs

(photo by stevendepolo)

Want to make this tonight or tomorrow? Here's a little money saving tip, smart and final has whole chickens on sale for .79/lb. And you no longer need a card to get the great deals!


Post a Comment