How To Use An Egg Mold




Many of you that have participated in the recent swap have received egg molds as part of your swap packages, so I thought I would do a little photo tutorial on how to use an egg mold. Egg Molds are often used in Japanese bento box meals and they are pretty hard to find here in the U.S., unless you have access to a japanese market ( which I do :), but you can also find egg molds easily online).

While still warm, peel off the shell
Place egg in one half of the mold
place the other half of the mold on top and snap it closed



Place in the fridge for 15 minutes (or a bowl of ice water, if you want to speed up the cooling process). You can also add food coloring in the bowl of water as it cools, just like dying easter eggs, to give in a special pop!


Ta-da! You will notice that it doesn't come out exactly like it's shape.


I cut mine while still in the mold, so I am sure of where the half point is.


You can use food markers ( I like Wilton brand) to draw on a happy face.


Although, he kind of looks like he's crying (or has a really bad eye infection).

Happy Molding!

*Disclosure, I have not been able to verify whether or not these egg molds contain  bpa, pvc or pthalates...

Post a Comment