DIY Dollar Store Photo Memory Game

Add a twist to the traditional game of memory match-up game gets a using family photos! Use a deck of playing cards from the dollar store as an easy backing. I made this simple and creative game in about 20 minutes using a only a few supplies.

You'll need:
  • A deck of cards from the dollar store (The Dollar Tree to be exact).
  • Glue Stick
  • Small paper cutter or scissors
  • Pre-printed photos at home from my HP Touchsmart Web Printer



Here's How:
  • Print out 2 sets of photos of your choosing. (I printed mine on 4x6 photo paper "wallet size" - they came out 2 per 4x6 sheet. hint: I use Picasa free photo software.)
  • Cut them to size: 2 1/4 x 3 1/4
  • Using your glue stick, adhere them to the face of the playing cards, one by one.


Enjoy and play! It's that simple! 


Tips, Hints and Tricks:
  • Works great as a gift (ahem, mother's day) for families and friends who live far away.
  • Might be a great way to commemorate a family vacation.
  • Would be a fun "dining out only" game to take to restaurants
  • For toddlers: print out a single set to use for helping baby become familiar with family and friends.
  • I printed my photos at home. I can't recommend it enough. It has changed the way I craft and create. But. it's not required for this project.

Post a Comment