Spring Series Muffin Tin Meal Ideas

photo by jcandeli

I have been dreaming up what I will do for this Monday's Muffin Tin Meal and I just thought I would share with you a few ideas I have been brainstorming.

When I think about a themed Muffin Tin Meal, I usually start by writing down a bunch of words associated with the theme.

For example, the next theme is springtime: birds and nests

birds and nests
birds
love birds
song birds
eggs
nest
owl
trees
leaves
birdhouse
bird bath
bird seed
worms
chicks
wings
feathers

Thinking outside the box:
stork
babies

Different types of birds:
owl
eagle/hawk,
chicken,
peacock
robin, blue jay, finch, love birds
humming bird
penguins
doves
swan
canary

  • Then I think about what kind of foods creating the meal might entail:
  • I try to match what I have in my cupboards to that list and see if I can create the theme around what I already have, if not I supplement if needed.
  • I then get to making the muffin tin: sometimes the process is more organic and it just sort of comes together and other times I am planning it out cup by cup what I am going to include.


Hope this  helps you out a little bit as you think about next week's theme

Post a Comment