Are You A Morning Person Or A Night Owl?


I have never been a morning person. Ask my husband. He will tell you that Grumpy McGrumperson lives at our house before I have had my morning coffee. I have been that way almost my entire life.
However, for every minute it takes me to wake up in the morning, I gain it in the evening. I am a thriving ball of accomplishment from 10pm to Midnight. I don't know if my brain has spent all day working out a plan and chooses that moment to kick in, but it happens most nights.
My mother, on the other hand is a morning person. Growing up, I have a clear memory of walking down the hall in the morning and seeing the light on in the kitchen and knowing she had been up for a few hours already. She always greeted me with a smile as she was preparing for her day.
I have often thought about those mornings since having children and wondered just how did she do it? I am not sure I will ever get to that point. I would have to trade in my late nights. And I like them.
So, I have been thinking...
Just like my mother's early mornings, my late nights can serve to prepare me for the day. It will just be the next day. I can prep and clean, and launder (and pre-preprogram that coffe maker) so that when the alarm goes off the next morning, maybe my grumpiness wont be so noticable.
photo credit: kevindooley
So, are you a morning person or a late night owl? Any tips and tricks for me?

Post a Comment