Kid Snacks: Teach Portion Control And Independence with Ball Brand Platic




When I read about how Asha over at Parent Hacks used snack sized plastic bags and Ball Brand Plastic Freezer Jars to put together smaller portion sized snacks for her kids, I knew I had to share it with you, my readers.

What I love about this idea, is not only the multitude of uses for the plastic jars (everything from petite smoothies and fruit parfaits to trail mix and dry cereal) is that it's a great way to, as Asha writes, teach portion control and independence. To read more about how Asha implemented this idea, be sure to visit Parent Hacks.


Above is what we did.
(red licorice bites, tangerine pieces, pudding/cupcake parfait with sprinkles, pretzel snack mix)

You spend a little extra time up, front putting the snacks together (kids can help too). However, it makes the snack time woes of "Mommmeeeeee, I'm huuuuunnnngryy..." easier to bear.


Is it me, or do the Ball Freezer Jars look mysteriously like Avent breastmilk storage containers?

Also, Ball Brand Plastic Freezer Jars are BPA free, diswasher safe, stackable and lock together for very tidy storage. Plus, they store in the fridge for 3 months and the freezer for a whole year!

Post a Comment