Grilled Pizza Kids Can Make


Good friends of ours had a cooking themed birthday party for their 5 year old daughter. And I asked her if I could share with you her "Make Your Own Grilled Flatbread Pizzas" that each of the kids made. Penny (that's my friend) included a variety of toppings both for little kids and for grown ups. Let me tell you, it was one of the tastiest pizzas I have had in awhile.

Here are the ingredients she offered:

  • Large Pita Bread rounds
  • Marinara/Pizza Sauce
  • Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • Pepperonis
  • Olives
  • Basil
  • Sun Dried Tomatoes
  • Crushed Pineapple


Each guest grabbed a pita, spread a little sauce on and then you could add whatever toppings you wanted.


Once assembled, They were placed on the grill to cook and covered for about 5-7 minutes (or until the cheese melted. The grill had been preheated to act almost like a pizza oven. It was the perfect activity for kids and grown-ups to do together.


If you make them, I would love for you to tell me how yours came out! I can see a whole smörgåsbord of of toppings like Alfredo sauce and grilled chicken, and so much more! Also, putting the toppings in a muffin tin might also make for a super fun Muffin Tin Monday!

A special thank you to Penny for letting me share her idea with all of you, I knew you would enjoy it as much as we did!

Post a Comment