Muffin Tin Meal Supplies - Storage and Organization


Her is the bulk of my Muffin Tin Meal supplies and accessories. After 2 years, my collection of items has grown quite a bit and I was surprised after gathering it all in one place how much I have. Here's how I separate, store and organize everything. 

I separate the supplies into a several bins.
  • Large bin for paper muffin and food cups
  • Large bin for silicone muffin cups, rice molds, misc. items
  • Handled box for cookie, fondant, and vegetable cutters
  • I used a bead organizer to organize plastic pic
  • Small bin for wood picks/cupcake toppers
  • Small bin for seasonal items
6 and 12 cup tins (metal and silicone, are with my other cake pans. My cupboard space is super limited, so this is how I am storing everything for now.

I chose clear shallow plastic bins
 (Room Essentials brand from Target)


I turn them upside down so they are easier to see at a glance.


Here are some other great solutions from MTM readers and around the web. Because Muffin Tin Meals are so closely tied to Japanes Bento Box Meals, the tools and accessories used are similar:



What's For Lunch A Our House?: Shannon shares some great MTM organizational tips and photos. She is also a fantastic bento blogger. Here is a photo of her supplies. She uses shoe box sized containers. YOu can read more about how she organizes at her bento blog



A Pocket Full Of Buttons: I like what Stephanie did  (below) too. Her MTM/bento storage features a rolling cart. This is a great option if you are lacking in cupboard space, but have space in the corner of your kitchen.




One Little Word She Knew: I love how clean and neat Christy's MTM storage is, and she has labels and solutions for the storing the silicone 6 cup tins. 



Lunch In A Box: I am kind of digging how Biggie from Lunch in a Box used bins and stacked them in a bookcase that housed her cookbooks to store some of her bento supplies. I think it looks understated and part of the decor.

Flickr is also a great place to look for organizational inspiration.

Important Tips to remember:
Keep like items together. 
Organize by their purpose, color, or frequency of use.
Leave room for adding more as you go.
Take time every few months or as it becomes cluttered to reevaluate and reorganize.

One last thing: You don't need all this "stuff" to participate in Muffin Tin Monday or to make a Muffin Tin Meal.  But, I do want to help those out that have a bunch of MTM supplies.

Post a Comment