Muffin Tin Monday - Theme: Numbers/Counting

Welcome to Muffin Tin Monday, the weekly blog link-up that celebrates the Muffin Tin Meal and connects  creative food lovers all across the world: a big shout out to the moms in Australia, South Africa, and Japan! What is a Muffin Tin Meal? Simple dimple: it's a meal, lunch, snack, or dessert served in a muffin tin. If you are new, visit the FAQ page for more info. 

Today marks the 2nd week of themes after our summer hiatus. This week's Theme:

Numbers, Counting, 123's

There are so many ways to go and as you can see, we thought a little outside the box.


"5 Little Monkeys Swinging From A Tree"

In this tin: Peanut Butter Roll up and broccoli "Tree", Orange, Apple and Fruit Leather "Monkey Face", "5 cheese cubes on food picks, Baby Carrot "Alligator Teeth", Banana "Monkey Food", Surprise: sprinkles inside little mini monkey face dressing containers. 

5 Little Monkeys Rhyme:

5 Little Monkeys Swinging From A Tree
Teasing Mr. Alligator "Can't catch me! Can't catch me!"
Along came Mr. Alligator...quiet as can be...and he...
Snapped one monkey right outta that tree!
(repeat until zero are left)


I used the Wilton circle fondant cutters (they are so handy!) for the face shape.
I used the Large one as a guide for the orange slice head. I cut an apple into thin slices and then punched out 3 circles using the medium circles- one for the mouth area and two for the ears. (I lost the little mini cutter), so I had to use a straw tip to punch out the eyes and nose. Using the medium circle cutter, I punched a half circle out of strawberry fruit leather.


Here are the sprinkles inside the monkey bento sauce container:




I had so much fun with this one, I could hardly wait to show you and even posted early.

**A NOTE ABOUT THEMES: I want to make it clear that you don't have to do a themed mtm to participate in Muffin Tin Monday. It's merely a guide and serves more as inspiration for those who want it. Feel free to submit a themed tin or a non-themed tin- I just want you to have fun and join in!

Okay, here's my favorite part: What did you make? I can't wait to see! Be sure to add the url/link to your mtm blog post or online hosted photo by clicking on the blue "add your link" button.

Post a Comment