5 Easy Tips For A Great Smoothie

Springtime is here! And what a better way to Celebrate than with a delicious smoothie?! Making a smoothie doesn't have to be complicated and it doesn't have to break the bank. In fact, I love throwing in whatever kind of fruit I have, some yogurt and ice and presto! a smoothie the whole family will love.


Here are some miscellaneous tips to get you on your way to that perfect smoothie

1. 4 basic ingredients: ice, liquid base, fruit
1 cup ice
1 cup liquid (see #3)
2-3 cups fruits
That's my "M.O", but it coesn't have to be yours.

2. Add ice first, then liquid, then fuit.
cuts down on large pieces of ice hiding near the top.
3. A liquid base is a must
1 cup of fruit juice: OJ,apple, pineapple, etc. 
or 1 cupmilk base like milk, yogurt, or ice cream
**milk base makes for a creamier consistency
4. Fruit is the variable. You can add pretty much any fruit together and it will taste yummy. I even have a "go-to" smoothie called "everything but the kitchen sink". If I don't have enough of one item, I just start adding in whatever fruit I have on hand, toss in a spoonful of sugar and it's good to go.


4. When is my smoothie done blending?
This one I learned from my mom. It's done when the smoothie starts folding in on itself. It kind of makes a little "whirlpool" in the center of the blender jug.

5. What if I want it sweeter, but don't want to add sugar? Honey is an awesome substitute, but I wouldn't ever use honey if you were making it for very young children (under 2) as they are unable to metabolize it. 

have fun!



Post a Comment